Homemade Christmas Ornaments
"Spool Christmas Tree Ornament"
Submitted by Amy Carter of GA
6 wooden thread spools, all the same size (or use 6 new spools of green thread)
1 wooden thread spool, slightly smaller than the other 6 (or use 1 new spool of brown thread)
green craft foam
letter beads – MERRY CHRISTMAS
1 star shaped bead
various beads for tree decorations
1. Cut a piece of green craft foam to the shape of 6 wooden spools set up bowling pin style.
2. Glue the wooden spools to this piece of green craft foam.
3. Color the tops of the spools with a green marker.
4. Wrap the tree shape with green ribbon (if using new spools of green thread, skip this step)
5. Glue a slightly smaller wooden spool to the bottom of the tree.
6. Glue "Merry Christmas" in beads to the front of the tree.
7. Glue beads to the tree for "decorations;" glue a star shaped bead to the top of the tree.
8. Attach a ribbon hanger to the back of the tree.
Homemade Christmas Ornaments Index