Michelle's Meals on a Budget
Irish Potato Candy
If you've got peanut butter and powdered sugar on hand, all you need is a potato to make this delicious candy.
1 medium sized potato
1 box powdered sugar
1 small jar of peanut butter, store brand is fine for this recipe
* Boil the potato until soft.
* Remove peeling and mash the insides.
* Mix the powdered sugar into the mashed potato until well combined and thick.
* On a board dusted with powdered sugar, roll out the potato dough into a large rectangle and spread peanut butter on top.
* Roll up the layered dough and wrap in waxed paper.
* Chill an hour or so, until firm enough to slice.
* Slice chilled roll into candies about 1/2-inch wide.
* * *
Order our Frugal Recipes cookbook - Frugal Family Recipes: From Our Home to Yours!